Back to the Grind

So, I've been in my classroom every day this week trying to prepare for the upcoming year. I spent like 3 whole days just organizing and labeling my classroom library into baskets. We are undertaking reading workshop this year at our school so I thought it would be helpful for the kids to finally have an organized library!

I feel like I haven't really gotten much stuff on the walls, but I have tons of ideas bouncing around in my head that go along with our "Learning is a Treasure" theme. I'm going to make a large treasure map game board on one of my class bulletin boards. Students will move along the board based on their behavior. At every increment of 5, there will be a reward and then at the end, they will get the treasure chest prize!! I will post pictures when I'm finished!

I'd like to do my reading area with "The Pirate's Cove: Set Sail with a Good Book." I purchased some pirate themed reading strategies signs that I will laminate and clip to a net.

To do the lunch count, I will have a sign titled: "Catches of the Day," and then the students will move their stick to the corresponding cup.

The EQ sign will be titled "Today's Treasure Map."

I am still working on my idea for the outside bulletin board and my door. Any ideas??

Pictures of the classroom to coom soon, so stay tuned!!

2 comments:

  1. Treasure map and pirates....your students will love this! What grade level do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach third grade! I am so excited to do my room up with pirates and treasure maps!

    ReplyDelete

Treats for the Teacher