Properties of Addition Foldable

I feel like a BAD blogger! I have just been so busy and then trying to work on my new unit on top of school and life! Here is a preview of my progress! I only have the animal research part complete so far, but I hope to more time tomorrow to work on it!


In other news, my friend Jeannie just started a new blog called The 2nd Grade Surprise and so she is having a giveaway to celebrate her newness! I'd love for you to go check her out and follow her! =) 

Click HERE to enter her giveaway!

And finally, we began our addition and subtraction unit this week so I made this foldable to help teach the properties of addition!  Just click the picture to download!

Just print the pages separately and place the first one on top and staple them together. Just cut along the lines where you see scissors! I always use this great flipchart from promethean planet to accompany the lesson! Click HERE to head over and download it free!

And as for a spur of the moment math game, I purchased some dice containers similar to this earlier this year (I keep forgetting to post them!) and just decided to make up a new game! 

(Note this picture is from Liz's Speech Therapy Ideas)


I called it Shake It Up to 20 Addition! Put students with a partner. Then, they shake twice and set it down on the table. The first student to call out the math fact gives theirself a point. The first to reach 20 wins! Nothing all that new. I just used the containers for fun and to cut down on flying dice! 

Tomorrow is HUMPDAY! Woo hoo!! It's gonna be a crazy day tomorrow! I can't share why yet. Check back later for news!!! 

20 comments:

  1. Love the foldable! Thanks for the introduction to a new second grade friend.
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now we have to know what tomorrow brings for you! I am at the edge of my seat.
    Staci

    Going Nutty!

    misssquirrels@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the ideas you just shared in this post!! Especially that foldable!
    Can't wait to hear your humpday news :)

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thank you! I have properties of addition in my lesson plans this week... and quite honestly was dreading it! It can be so dry and this hands on foldable will definitely brighten it up a bit! Woo Hoo!
    ---Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love the foldable. My kids really need work on this. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  6. geez! Hurry up and post this! I mean if you need someone to proof read...haha! Can't wait to see it!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I have to ask... for the fold-able, what is the standard or content for the identify "the me" rule? Feeling silly, but thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's addition of whole numbers. The me rule is when you add zero to a number, you get the orginal number.

      Delete
  8. Love this foldable! You wouldn't happen to have one for multiplication properties, would you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to download the foldable, but I'm having difficulty. It keeps telling me that there isn't a program available for downloading. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the shake-it-up game! Awesome idea and you're not chasing dice all over the place :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found the properties of addition foldable on pinterest & love it! Great work! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this foldable, but I cannot download it. Is there a way you can help? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why. You should be able to just click on it. It is a pdf. Do you have Adobe software?

      Delete
  13. The flip chart link no longer works. Is there any way you can relink? Thanks for the super cute foldable!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just says they're expanding their website. I have no control over that. =)

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved using this last year with my third graders, but now the link is no longer working. It says lost page or page not found :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I click on the link for the foldable I am redirected to a page that says Link Not Found. I love love this resource. Can you tell me where I can find it, please?

    ReplyDelete

Treats for the Teacher